12.21.2010

Book Beauty Tuesday : Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

I found this book in a box while I searched for something. It is a French children's book monthly magazine called Les Belles Histoires. The publication date is May 1994, long long time ago. Not sure if the magazine is still running.

The illustration on the cover is the feature story of the volume called Le Petit Empereur de Chine written by Michel Amelin and illustrated by Ulises Wensell, a Spanish illustrator.

I really like the picture style of this story, the soft colors, the details of the settings and the characters' cute expression. Unfortunately, I have just basic knowledge of French language from high school class which is not enough to tell you the story with certainty. So, I will let the images tell the story for you now :-)

Click on the image to go to flickr and click zoom to see the big picture.

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

Le Petit Empereur de Chine

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous illustrations. Yes the magazine is still going. The story is very sweet...did you post all the pages? If not the story jumps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't post all the pages. I just chose the pages I love most :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...