8.24.2013

Coralie and me : from Paris to Bangkok 1, an art collaboration

Last month I got a message from Coralie, a French girl who loves illustration and design. I was happy to hear that she had been following my work for some time and even more excited when asked if I would be interested to do an art collaboration with her. I was actually having a good time with my art-swap group I was lucky to connect with a few months ago and so eager to connect with more people who have the same art interest. A lot of artists I follow all said that to be always creatively energized you have to be among those who are like minded and have the same passion. My chance to join in Make Art That Sells class student group, my art-swap friends and to meet Coralie really proves that.

Coralie and I didn't know what we would do at first. Then since we both work in graphic design and could draw digitally, we agreed to try a digital drawing project. The idea came from a book called Photoshop Secrets of the Pros I found years ago. I was not really a fan of Photoshop but the term 'Photoshop Tennis' in the book quite intrigued me. To put it simple, photoshop tennis is like digital art game. One artist creates an image file and sends to the other artist who will edit the file and send back to the first artist who will edit it again. They will send and edit back and forth until they are satisfied with the work. This could be played by only two people or in a group.

So, we borrow the tennis idea and started with a very simple drawing of my bird here :

01me-july27

Then Coralie added a cute setting of a tree branch.

02coralie-aug5

Then I added the bird's details and a little yellow dot :)

03me-aug13

These are what we have done so far. Since this little project is supposed to be fun and should not be a labour in our busy days, we agree to spend only 30 minutes max on each layer. Try to be spontaneous and have fun with it :)

While I'm writing this, Coralie just sent me the latest layer and I can't wait to open the file and see what beauty she added. This is a really fun project. I have always been thankful for whoever invented the internet. Without it, it's really impossible to create art between Paris and Bangkok and you would never know me, Coralie and this project :)

Coralie has also put up a page especially for this little project called From Paris to Bangkok. She has got a slide on and it looks quite exciting :D Don't forget to walk around and see her drawings and graphic works too.

I'm really curious to see how a simple pink bird image will look at the end. If you are curious like me, I'll update the progress on this blog from time to time and hope you will come back to see our creative journey :)

Thanks for dropping by, have a merry day :)

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet project. I'd do a digital collaboration too! Sounds perfect to me and it's really so easy to do as it proceeds digitally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's really fun and keeps me energized :D

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun. I agree that it is so important to surround yourself with people who also love art. In fact my post today was on that subject. The quote I used was "Creativity is contagious. Pass it on." Albert Einstein.

    You have definitely inspired me today. I will be back to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. I love the quote, going to read your post now :D

      Delete
  3. excellent! this is a wonderful idea, and I am so thankful to follow only with you both :) thank you for sharing - I follow your work, even though I do not post very much :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...