Sunday Sketch, 365 days I draw (day 128-129) and Inspire Me Sunday (stationery!)
My Sunday Sketches today are also for 365 days I draw as usual. The topic of day 128 is order for the top and day 129, refer for the bottom. The drawings done on my newly-bought sketchbook from Chronicle called One Sketch a Day : a visual journal. I saw this book from my most favorite artist's blog, Stephanie Fizer and immediately wanted to own one.
Sometimes I feel really silly to buy things on a whim, especially stationery stuffs. I already have a dozen of sketchbooks waiting for me to fill in but it seems that every time I see ones on shop shelf I still want more and they are just plain black-cover ones. This blue sketchbook does look fancier than my usual sketchbooks and it definitely has value added with the inviting title of 'One Sketch a Day : a visual journal'. But it's really just the outer look. Although I find that the paper is quite thin and not as in good quality as in my usual sketchbooks, I love it anyway. I guess it's not just the beautiful cover, it has something to do with the feeling of owning it. It's like when you are always drawn to stationery shop and want to buy something even when you already have everything at home.
The other day I came across this article about Why I love Stationery and thought I would share some of my stationery inspire today. Hope you like the links here :)
• Just got this beautiful issue of Uppercase magazine. This one focuses on stationery love :)
• I think I have known this beautiful stationery shop for a long time but somehow it just slipped from my mind until now :) Lagom design
• Always love Present and Correct and have just read an interesting interview --Neal Whittington of Preasent & Correct on The Design Files.
• My favorite Quill and Fox
• I still have a dozen of Canson sketchbooks for spare but beginning to love more-expensive Derwent hard back sketchbook too
• Latest found Mr. Boddington's Studio
By the way, have you seen my little art project From Paris to Bangkok yet? I'm quite excited with this project and hope it can inspire something in you too :)
Thanks for coming and have a merry drawing day :D