8.24.2014

Sunday Sketch : crayon drawing and play with paint

Sunday Sketch

I'm spending this peaceful Sunday watching Alisa Burke's wonderful e-class videos. I was first introduced to this super creative and prolific artist through Creative Courage course, signed up for her classes (with 50% off you just couldn't resist it) and have been inspired by her works and classes ever since.

Redefine Creativity is my second class with her. Her lessons really got me excited and inspired me to get some paint and have fun. This drawing is done with Sea Green (I just love how they name each color) wax crayon first. I already loved how it looked and almost left it as is but decided to go ahead and play with it (I can always draw it again if I want to). I painted over all the drawing with different shades of watercolor. I didn't think much just put water and colors on. The wax lines worked as resistance that you can still see the original drawing, just with different look and feel.

Sunday Sketch

Then I put pink marker on some parts, making it pop out a bit and some little drawings behind the scene. I just couldn't help it, playing hide-and-seek with my characters becomes part of my drawing passion :)

sunday sketch

I have to say I love the very first crayon drawing best but I enjoyed the process of putting colors on and watching colors blended and be resisted by the wax. I think I'm going to experiment more with this technique :)

This is only the first lesson I learn from Alisa. Can't wait to learn more and be inspired in the next 4 weeks :D


12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the second one, with the watercolour & market added :D -because I LOVE play, trying out different techniques, looks, feel :D I'm very impressed with your playing, Pavinee <3 (& I love the crayon one, too - especially like seeing the difference between the two - striking!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo fun! I think the first drawing has too many details or I could work more on putting marker on the last one :D

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this Pavinee! I'm off to check her out asap so thank you for the info.
    Now, I LOOOOVE the finished piece because I love hide and seek your characters do all the time. You found a great style for yourself. This will look great on anything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's really fun and sometimes I tried to make is as discreet as possible. It's fun to see if people can see it or not ;)

      Delete
  3. this is beautiful and fun too! Thank you for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I'm so glad that my play time inspires you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing this technique as a child with black paint over crayons..your flowers look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation and colors and thanks for sharing your 'how to' ~ Happy SS

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a wonderful piece
    thank you for sharing how you did it
    i love the little characters you created

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, dear Pavinee! Thank you for sharing the info: I am thinking of taking her 'Ode to Nature' course. Think you could love this one as well, couldn't you? Much love from Belgium x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...