11.02.2012

Revamping MerryDay : work in progress

MerryDay work in progress

I think I need to share more of my work progress for my shop now. I thought I would keep everything to myself until I could have something complete to show in public. But on second thought, posting something unfinished might be a good way to push myself to work harder. :)

Here is a flower design I'm working on. I generally sketch ideas with ink or pencil on paper first. Then scan in and trace in Illustrator program. This one is a bit different though. I drew right onto the program based on initial pencil sketches in my book. The idea is to have something sweet, swirly and fresh. The challenging part is color selection. I always struggle when it comes to coloring part. I prefer using 2-3 colors in my work if I could. Too many different colors confuse me and it would take me a long time to finish it.

I'm pleased with this drawing's color scheme so far but can't help wondering how I could make it more unique. I just have to keep trying and learning. :)

Talk about color learning. I have found some blogs that could be helpful in term of color study.

Orange you lucky is my most favorite illustration and pattern blog. The artist, Helen Dardik, is a genius in choosing colors. You have to look at her gorgeous pattern designs. They are all amazing :D

Emma Lamb's blog is also one of my favorites. She has a good sense in color coordination and I really love her crochet handmade.

I found a creative mint through Blogging Your Way e-course. This blog is very beautiful and you can read posts by color. Interesting.

That's it for today. We will see what I come up with tomorrow :)

Now for the PiBoIdMo day 2 : The Demon Grim captures Rainbow princess and put her in a high tower, how can Brave Prince rescue her?


9 comments:

  1. This is definitely fresh and looks very professional..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have same problem choosing colors, that's what digital does, it gives you so much options, it's hard to choose but I always go with what I like.

    good luck with PiBoldMo, though I imagine it to be more difficult than NaNoWriMo.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s., it's always nice to see your work or any artist work in progress. I like seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so glad you are sharing your process. I had fun designing my site. It was a big challenge but paid off. Can't wait to go there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design ~ color composition ~ wonderful! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your design! AND your blog!
    Very upbeat and inspiring!
    And thank you for your nice comment on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design. A technical question: are you drawing into Illustrator using a tablet (pen) or mouse with curves?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone :D Glad you like this post.

    @Karina I mostly use tablet pen for curves but if it doesn't work as I want it to be, I switch to mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Time to get that tablet working on a more permanent basis I think. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...