1.21.2011

sketchbook : new theme

SKETCH-MerryDay01

So now I'm beginning a new sketchbook. This time I prepared the book first. I use the same kind of book which is Moleskine cahier. The downside of this cahier is that its paper is very thin so I have to back up every other pages to make it thicker. My Sketchbook Project has all kind of different colored paper sheets. But for this book, I choose to limit only yellow, brown, gray and black :-)

As for the theme, I first thought of 'nature', something that I always enjoyed drawing but it might be too familiar already so I thought about 'birds', which I rarely drew and wanted to practice drawing. Then one of my MerryDay FB page's friends, Susi Art suggested this theme of 'friendship'. I think the idea is very interesting and challenging. So, here my first page of the new sketchbook.

Now, do you want to join me in building this book? I'm looking for nice, cute or funny quotes about friendship to draw. Just tell me your favorite quotes or your own words and I will draw for you!

My most favorite quote right now is:

"A good friend will always stab you in the front." — Oscar Wilde.

This is not nice nor cute but quite funny and definitely true!

9 comments:

  1. oh...how nice...I noticed you joined my blog ~welcome~
    and than you mention me here!
    I'm curious to your future art work with the theme: friendship (thanks!); warm regards and happy weekend!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely theme...you certainly can't beat friendship..friends come in sooo many different guises and forms too....
    the sweetest quote that has stuck with me since I head it was actor Jeff Bridges who thanked his wife in his oscar speech and said he loved her "more than rainbows"......awwwww, I couldn't think of a better way of expressing your love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pavinee,

    You're a gluten for punishment...another Sketchbook project... love your idea though.

    A ring is round
    It has no end,
    And that's how long
    I'll be your friend.

    Something my daughters used to chant when they were little....

    Are you going to put a time limit to you project? ....no pressure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea, a sketchbook about friendship :-)

    Here are some quotes I like:

    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
    Winnie the Pooh

    Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.
    Margaret Lee Runbeck

    good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susanna,
    I'm curious to see how this book will go too! Thanks for coming :-)

    Jenny,
    That is really sweet. I need to note that down ^-^

    Catherine,
    Love your poem, very sweet. I'm thinking how to draw it out!

    And No! I will not put specific deadline to this book. It would take out the fun and put unnecessary stress on me :-) But I promise to myself to make regular posting about this book's progress.

    Feel free to poke me if I slack off, I think I need that sometimes :-)

    nelleke,

    Welcome to my blog! and thanks for your quotes. I'm writing them down and they will be one of the drawings for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very interesting of the theme.
    I'm looking forward of your new sketchbook. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your sketches-I'm a photographer with an obsession with journals, paint, collaging, etc. Your site is perfect!

    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always very excited to start a new sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - I love your typography... So sweet!

    FJM

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...