7.25.2014

draw everyday no. 51 : Mr. Penguin and the poppy

draweveryday-51-line

I just got a new pen and so in love with its smoothness. It's Pentel EnerGel Tradio gel ink. The one I used is black but they also have blue, red and purple ink. The drawing I show here is one of my draw everyday project. I have already got to drawing no. 51. All the drawings are kind of everywhere right now. I will have to put them all in a proper place soon. But you can follow my everyday drawings on instagram or facebook.

The idea for this drawing really came out of nowhere. I love drawing plants and flowers. Then I thought what if I put something totally unrelated in the flower? How about penguin? It must be fun to have him holding a lollipop with fishes flying above ( I got the flying fish idea from a children's book laying beside me at the time).

I have always wanted to draw something whimsical, magical, surreal. Full of details of patterns or background. In the past, my drawings were mostly based on reality but ever since I started my 365 days I draw project and now draw everyday project, I think my drawings have gradually broken into magical realm. I love it. Drawing's getting more fun everyday :D

And here is the color version.

draweveryday-51

I have to say white paper seems to be more intimidating than kraft paper. I was a bit nervous when choosing colors. I imagined I would have more bright and colorful colors but then I changed my mind and just wanted to have the penguin and the flower popping up from green surrounding. Love how it turns out. How about you?

I used Copic markers for this drawing :) Going to draw more tonight. I told you I was so in love with the pen! :D


2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Like I mentioned over on Instagram, I am noticing things - the theme here as it turns out: the penguin, the lollipop, the fishes - much quicker with the colour :) Yay for getting over your nerves ;) Love the colours you used - immediately brings the most important parts out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I was a bit nervous (Just couldn't help it!) when I posted this on facebook. I was afraid people wouldn't like it but I posted it anyway :) And I had fun coloring it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...