1.03.2012

hand drawn birthday card


pmoo-card-merryday


The very first drawing I draw this year. A hand drawn birthday card :)

I used to sketch a rough draft first then scan and trace it on computer, but lately I found that sketchy lines and imperfection could look more charming :)

Hand drawn drawing with ink is the way to practice making decision too. First you have to imagine what you want to draw in your head, estimate the area of drawing on paper sheet and then draw the first line. This stage always excites me, if you put the first line on wrong spot, the whole drawing could shift. If you put on wrong colors, unlike pencil and computer, you cannot erase or undo it. You can only accept the result or start all over again :P I guess that makes hand drawn drawings more precious than the ones produced on computer.

I used to think drawing on computer is quicker than drawing by hand but now I think the undo function and the color panel can slow you down because you will keep undoing things and changing colors until you are satisfied, which sometimes never happens :P

Technology drives people to want more and never teaches us how to feel enough.

Just some rambling thoughts on a gloomy-weather day. Off to draw something now :)




2 comments:

  1. "Technology drives people to want more and never teaches us how to feel enough."

    I completely agree with this statement. I hand draw everything and that first moment of putting pen to paper can be terrifying! I did this picture for my Dad's birthday and immediately made a mistake as soon as I started - luckily with the type of drawing I do I was able to hide it, lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Drawing on the computer does sometimes take longer... but for me, the lines become too perfect sometimes that it becomes too sterile. I love hand drawn stuff.

    Happy New Year Pavinee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...