8.26.2013

Fruit Sketching and a story in magazine

Sketches of my new drawing collection. Today I work on the keywords of fruit, orchard, flowers and birds. When I sketch or brainstorm, I usually have some books or magazine beside me. Colors, layout design, shapes on printed pages always inspire me to find new fresh ideas. Sometimes text and stories help me too.


I was thinking about fruit ideas while browsing pages in Frankie magazine and came across an article about a woman who collected photo shots of roadside produce stands signage. One sign said 'Please pay here. Your honesty is appreciated' and another one said 'If you choose to steal my produce, I hope you choke'. It's quite funny but really made me think...

I'm trying to create a set of design based on Thankful theme with keywords of fruit and flowers. Somehow the story above intrigues me but I'm not quite sure how to translate what I feel inside into a drawing yet.

This may be too difficult, too abstract to work on or I may come up with some great ideas tomorrow. We will see.

I love when I have constant focus on my work. Hope I can keep it on :)

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your approach to creative problems. I like the idea of having images and text on hand. And I love how you're inspired by story. Sometimes I think the ideas just come, not in a direct way from inspiration material, but they sort of just creep up on us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes It's very nice to have sudden ideas for something but I think I like the process of building up ideas from what I see and read better. Some kind of creative practice :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...